Saturday, September 18, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

Every so often, I post over at the blog of my agent, Black Star. My most recent post is - "In Both the Craft and Business of Photography, Practice Makes Perfect".

I come across so many photographers who seem to think good things should just happen to them — and if they don’t, it’s their “bad luck.”

To that, I counter with one of my favorite sayings, by the Roman philosopher Seneca: “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Even the Declaration of Independence doesn’t promise you happiness. It only says you have a right to pursue happiness. That’s very different; it puts the responsibility on you to make it happen.

When it comes to your photography business, that means professional success and fulfillment are up to you.

Continue reading at Black Star Rising.

(Comments, if any, after the Jump)

Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment